insajd : forum

Dostosuj

Autor Wiadomość
PRO
sxl

2005-03-20 17:26:57

So what's the deal with eSports? Does anybody know what way is this all glorified electronic sports heading? Cause I haven't got a clue because it's not really predictable, and that actually freaks me out as I spend nearly 6 years covering various gaming threads in Polish.

We all know what's been going on till this point. We've had some pretty nice pionier tournaments (the first ones) which showed others the way. Later there were some follow-ups, creation of CPL, Razer, WCG, all kinds of mouse pad companies & stuff (all aim at gamers), first "really" sponsored players, clans, multi-clans, first signs of professional gaming careers. Now we can see first marks of TV's and press' attention, Russia or China accepting eSports as the regular ones. But, as for me, it all came without a really big commitment. There were just a few good clans, good players (excluding Korea) and good sponsors. It all drove to bigger media attention, a little bit more money and events.

Anyway, it just still doesn't feel that professional. When I sometimes read the posts about players forgetting to renew passports, quiting their teams (which they i.e. signed contracts to), being childish or irresponsible I cannot imagine eSports fully pro. Or maybe it should never be pro?

That's one possible way. People having more fun than money, creating great community being a strong voice in the Internet. Lots and lots of sites with posts about the events and players themselves. Many with funny news or histories, rarely in a serious tone. Never any paparazzis, tabloidish topics in newspapers or made-up situations raising people's voices. That's how ESReality looks like now, and that's why I like it so much. Though I myself always had an image of fully professional www site (one I was co-running) and contracted, rational players caring about theit careers, it always felt better to get here. To post some ridiculous comments, laugh out of people, get flamed about nothing serious 10x a week, being relaxed. Feeling the whole competetive and gaming atmosphere, knowing to be the part of it. Of something that was created by youth, for youth. Not by dozens of managers, sponsors, agents and contractors.
This way it just looks nice, b'cause it's a priceless thing to get back from school/college/work, sit at the desk, open a beer, put on the PC, read some news, comment a stupid story, say something awful or flame one bastard. Relaxing and vital. Of course there would always be some players and clans aiming full professionalism. But the look of the gaming community as a whole would look something like that.

There's also another way. The one that has recently been the most dreamed of by 50% of 14 year olds or big gaming societies like some multiclans. There would be a bunch of players in a game division, some captains or managers, the whole team's agent, maybe a managing director, a couple sponsors and a dozen of website crew members. The events would look like the soccer games of 1/4 Champions League. Players struggling to achieve victory, many times training 6hours daily. Being rude to their opponents, caring mostly about the winning trophy (money) and fame, which gives more money thanks to media (commercials & stuff). And only the fans remaining vigorious and caring about the game itself. Only them wanting to see a good game, instead of a cheque.

__

Dołącz do redakcji portalu eSports.pl!

Ostatnio publikowane

Napisz do redakcji

W tej chwili żaden z naszych redaktorów nie jest zalogowany.

Ostatnie komentarze

Ostatnio na forum

Statystyki Online

1438 gości

0 użytkowników

0 adminów

Ranking Użytkowników

WynikiAnkieta

Co było dla Ciebie największym zaskoczeniem podczas WCG Polska?

1. 0%

Słaba postawa Fear Factory

2. 0%

Dobra gra UF Gaming

3. 14%

Tłumy widzów na sali kinowej

4. 14%

Mało miejsca

5. 71%

Nie byłem i nie interesuje mnie to

Nasi partnerzy

• Shooters.pl
  • Cybersport

Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone (C) eSports.pl 2003-2024

Publikowanie materiałów tylko za zgodą autorów.

Wybierz kategorie